Jobs & Internships
We are currently recruiting for one full-time staff position:
New opportunities will be listed here and on the United Way of Greater Houston website, among other places.
If this is not what you are looking for, you may like to consider volunteering with us.
We are currently looking for interns:
Stipends available for both internships.
Literacy Advance is committed to providing all interns with learning experiences and professional development. Examples of possible learning opportunities include Board Development, Community Outreach, Fiscal Management, Grants Management, Volunteer Management, Program Planning, and Information Systems Management, the Historical Foundations of Nonprofits, Management Theory, Staff Management, Risk Management, Ethical Practice, Diversity Awareness, and additional topics according to availability and the intern’s interests and self-guided learning process.
New intern opportunities will be listed here and on the United Way of Greater Houston website, among other places.
If this is not what you're looking for, you may like to consider volunteering with us.
Click on the image above for details.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey