AmeriCorps VISTA 2018-2019
Program Support Specialist
Literacy Advance is seeking a Program Support Specialist to connect adults and families to vital literacy resources; engage in key elements of program design and implementation; and support the valuable volunteers who lead English and literacy classes.
Brief Job description
The Program Support Specialist will assist in the construction and delivery of literacy programs and services through targeted student and volunteer recruitment planning and activities. They will also be a crucial element of the ongoing support of our volunteer tutors, and of students as they increase their literacy and are referred to other necessary services, along with general support of agency fundraising, development, and community support.
Activities will include working with the Programs team on student and volunteer recruitment; assistance with the structure and delivery mechanisms of onboarding new students and volunteers to the agency; program design, implementation, and evaluation; agency support and development through grant-writing, stewardship, and other development activities; and database management.
Further Information & How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through April 21, 2018.
Click on the image above for details.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey