Development Intern, Summer 2018
Literacy Advance is seeking a development intern at our Wilcrest location to support fundraising and marketing efforts. The intern will work directly with the CEO and leadership team. Internship activities will include assistance with donor and volunteer communications; prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship of individual donors, private foundations, and corporations; special event planning and implementation; as well as the maintenance of our donor database.
Literacy Advance is committed to providing additional experiences and professional development. Examples of possible learning opportunities include Board Development, Community Outreach, Fiscal Management, Grants Management, Volunteer Management, Program Planning, and Information Systems Management, the Historical Foundations of Nonprofits, Management Theory, Staff Management, Risk Management, Ethical Practice, Diversity Awareness, and additional topics according to availability and the intern’s interests and self-guided learning process.
Specific duties may include:
- Support logistics associated with our individual giving program, including facilitating point of entry events for new prospective donors and helping with follow-up activities;
- Make “thank you” calls to supporting donors and coordinate other donor appreciation efforts;
- Data management, report building, and maintenance of records in donor database software;
- Participate in Annual Fund Campaign as needed;
- Prepare content for agency communications efforts;
- Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors;
- Develop and support business processes related to Grants Management;
- Attend and participate in meetings with staff, board members, and other volunteer partners;
- Other duties as required and requested.
Qualities and Qualifications Required:
- A mature and confident demeanor;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of competence;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced environment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls please.
Click on the image above for details.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey