Simplifying the way we communicate with one another can benefit everybody. Adopting a plain language approach can be particularly crucial for low-literate adults, and those learning English.
Literacy Advance staff have researched and learned about Plain Language over recent years. We believe that this is important across many fields, not just to those of us who work in the literacy world. If you're interested in reaching more people with your important message, then plain language is something to pay attention to!
Please note: The link above leads only to the presentation slides, and does not contain speaker notes. If you're interested in learning more, please get in touch: email@example.com
Click on the image above for details.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey