Simplifying the way we communicate with one another can benefit everybody. Adopting a plain language approach can be particularly crucial for low-literate adults, and those learning English.
Literacy Advance staff have researched and learned about Plain Language over recent years. We believe that this is important across many fields, not just to those of us who work in the literacy world. If you're interested in reaching more people with your important message, then plain language is something to pay attention to!
Please note: The link above leads only to the presentation slides, and does not contain speaker notes. If you're interested in learning more, please get in touch: email@example.com
Click on the image above for details.
- 205 basic reading students (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,325 basic English students (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 800 classes
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 235 volunteer tutors
- 16 Family Literacy Events
- 1,550 Family Literacy attendees
- 1 new satellite campus - Waller County!