ABE and ESL are considered our regular, or core, classes at Literacy Advance. As a supplement, and to deepen the learning experience, we also have a program of Supplemental Classes for registered students, including:
- Waiting Class (only for ESL students on the waiting list)
- Conversation classes
- Computer skills
- Workplace skills, including resume writing and interview practice
Supplemental Classes are flexible in set-up, and run on different schedules; each class usually meets between three and eight times.
Click on the image above for details.
- 205 basic reading students (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,325 basic English students (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 800 classes
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 235 volunteer tutors
- 16 Family Literacy Events
- 1,550 Family Literacy attendees
- 1 new satellite campus - Waller County!