We are firm believers in partnerships at Literacy Advance! Support from across the community, and partnerships with many different organizations and businesses, make the growth and success of our literacy programs possible.
We believe in the power of combining forces without duplicating efforts, and form effective partnerships with other agencies as we can, to mutual benefit.
In the past, partnerships have included the delivery of literacy classes and Family Literacy events at partner sites, but we made some changes starting in January 2018.
Currently the most common partnerships include referrals, training conducted by Literacy Advance staff for partner organizations, and invitations to experts at partner agencies to present on relevant and practical topics for our students.
Program Sponsors help make it all happen! We are very grateful for their ongoing assistance; their donations and support help sponsor interns, start new programs, extend our reach in the community and transform lives and communities through the doorway of literacy.
Literacy Advance is proud to be affiliated with, or accredited through, a number of other organizations. We thank these affiliates for their endorsement and support.
Click on the image above for details.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey