Free Training Opportunity for Tutors
Time's running out to register!
Saturday, March 11, 2017, 8am - 4pm
Attendees last year gave glowing feedback, with one of our seasoned tutors even stating that "this was the best day of training I've ever had!"
The schedule this year includes sessions on:
- Communicating Across Cultures in the Classroom
- Positive Transitions for ESL Students
- ESL Strategies: Making ESL Learners Independent
- Waitlist Strategies: Helping Waiting Students
Plus a lot more! There will be approximately 16 workshops to choose from, over 4 sessions throughout the day.
There'll be free breakfast (thanks Kolache Factory!) starting from 8am, and a free lunch, in addition to wonderful training and the opportunity to network.
Special symposium Update
THREE of our awesome tutors were selected to present on key topics near and dear to our hearts at the day-long event in Pearland on March 11.
- Terry Keane will lead an instructive and interactive discussion about making ESL Waiting class fun and productive. He will share some of his ice-breaker activities, most popular topics, and ways he’s successfully built rapport and trust with new and diverse groups of students in these multi-level classes.
- Pranjali Mardhekar is known for developing independent ESL learners. Join her session to hear about creative and effective strategies that can keep your ESL learners motivated, too.
- Linda Patterson is literally writing the book on proven strategies for beginning adult readers. She will share her step-by-step approach to conquering the building blocks of reading, and provide materials you can take back to your own classroom.
Come see your tutoring colleagues in action, as well as learning from others from around the state!