Frequently Asked Questions about donating to Literacy Advance
- How secure is my personal information?
- What options do you provide if I don't want to donate online?
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- How can I get a receipt for my donation?
- Can I make my donation a tribute?
- Does Literacy Advance receive federal or state funding?
- Is Literacy Advance a United Way affiliate?
Literacy Advance of Houston
Attn: Development Department
2424 Wilcrest, Ste. 120
Houston, TX 77042
Can I make my donation a tribute?
Absolutely! There is a space on the donation page to give details about a gift given in tribute or in memoriam, or you can note this when you mail your check.
Is Literacy Advance a United Way affiliate?
Yes, Literacy Advance has been an affiliate of the United Way of Greater Houston since 1983.
- 175 adult students took reading classes (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,165 adult students took English classes (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 770 classes of all types (reading + English + supplemental)
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 260 volunteer tutors
- 10 Family Literacy Events
- 850 Family Literacy attendees
- Over 2,000 new books given out to kids
- 600+ check-in phone calls made in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey