Story Time Tours at Literacy Advance
|Story Time tours are a one-hour look at what Literacy Advance is all about - told through the stories of students, tutors, and other friends of literacy.
Please join us!
What does Literacy Advance do?
How does literacy contribute to a better Houston?
How can you get involved?
All these questions, and more, are answered in our one-hour Story Time tours.
The tours are free and are open to anyone; we would love to have you join us.
Upcoming tour dates:
- Wednesday, June 21, 6pm - 7pm SESSION FULL
- Tuesday, July 11, 10am - 11am
- Wednesday, July 19, 6pm - 7pm
- Tuesday, August 1, 10am - 11am
- Wednesday, August 16, 6pm - 7pm
- Wednesday, August 30, 1pm - 2pm
Please RSVP to Carrie Prewitt, Development Coordinator:
Send her an email, or call 713.266.8777 ext. 26.
Click on the image above for details.
- 205 basic reading students (Adult Basic Education, or ABE)
- 1,325 basic English students (English as a Second Language, or ESL)
- 800 classes
- 99% of students made progress toward a life goal
- 235 volunteer tutors
- 16 Family Literacy Events
- 1,550 Family Literacy attendees
- 1 new satellite campus - Waller County!