Just a few short months ago, Sandra's story was very different. She thought her dream was beyond her reach - and she was ready to give up. She'd been discouraged, ridiculed, and made to feel worthless. "What I was thinking?! I will never speak good English, I will never be able to get a good job, a job that I like."
But YOU changed all that. Sandra's been empowered and equipped to completely re-write her story, thanks to friends like you - and now her dreams are coming true.
What else is going on in June?
- We're celebrating Immigrant Heritage Month, and the beauty and power in diversity;
- Special summer classes! We hope we can count on you;
- Please show us some love with an online review!
- Theme of the Month: Jobs; and
- We're still excited about the newsletter! Have you read it yet?
Generosity like yours transforms the world, starting right here in Houston. We see the evidence of it every day, as students like Sandra achieve their dreams and make their lives wonderful.
Together, we're stronger, and better, and can reach for the stars. THANK YOU.
Melanie Fisk, MSW, MBA
Chief Executive Officer
Literacy Advance of Houston
Looking for the latest issue of Between the Lines, the Literacy Advance quarterly print newsletter? Find it here.